The Student News Site of Brandon High School

Brandon Bulldog Media Group

Brandon Bulldog Media Group

Brandon Bulldog Media Group

Bullys Buzz
Bully's Buzz
Camden Flowers, The PawPrint Editor-In-Chief • May 7, 2024

B Day-May 7, 2024
B Day-May 7, 2024
May 7, 2024

ANNOUNCEMENTS ​   Tryouts for the Brandon Bulldog Tennis grades 9-12 will be May 13 & 14 at City Park from 3:55-5:45....

The PawPrint
The PawPrint

Black History Month

Black History Month

February is Black History Month when we honor the African Americans who have made history and set an example for the next generations. Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King Jr. were nonviolent activists who chose to fight for their rights publicly via boycotts and protests rather than violent tendencies. Many learn and teach about how they handled certain obstacles without resulting in violence. However, others like Malcolm X did everything required to achieve everyone’s shared objective. Madam C.J. Walker helped define the position of the self-made American entrepreneur in the twentieth century and eventually set standards for other Black entrepreneurs. We have gone a long way from our First African American male president, Barack Obama, to our first female African American vice president, Kamala Harris. Whether or not you were an activist for nonviolence, they all had the same goal: never giving up the struggle for a more equitable and greater society. They fought for everyone’s rights and dignity. We honor their memory and the ideals they had this month to create a better future for everyone. We’ll keep highlighting their valuable contribution during the Civil Rights Movement. As a start, Brandon’s Multicultural Club is making posters acknowledging African Americans who have made accomplishments throughout history and announcements over the intercom recognizing the achievements of these extraordinary people.