The Student News Site of Brandon High School

Brandon Bulldog Media Group

Brandon Bulldog Media Group

Brandon Bulldog Media Group

B Day-February 28, 2024
B Day-February 28, 2024
February 28, 2024

ANNOUNCEMENTS: We are selling stars to support Shepherd Moore's wish to go to the British Isles. ($1) see your teacher or Ms. Russell (room...

A Day-February 27, 2024
A Day-February 27, 2024
February 27, 2024

B Day-February 26, 2024
B Day-February 26, 2024
February 26, 2024

ANNOUNCEMENTS: HOSA is selling strawberries through February 27th! 1 Flat-$26, 1/2 Flat-$14, and a chocolate kit is $16. See a HOSA member...

My First Day Back- A Narrative

The first day of school is today. I tried to get to sleep early (a hefty task considering the unfortunate state of my sleep schedule two months into summer break). Still, despite my efforts, my mind was racing all night. I woke up to the sound of my alarm, yet I lay still, frozen in my bed, bargaining with the fact that school really started today. Walking out of the house, I was met with an unfamiliar early morning stillness and the sun slowly rising. As my mom and I pulled up to the car rider line, I noticed the seniors taking their first-day pics at their parking spot. That’s when it hit me: today WAS the first day of school. I felt the same tingling feeling that comes every year. First days are always exciting- and nerve-wracking, of course. I know the school year ahead will be challenging, but not today. A day of pep rallies, class meetings, and popsicles was waiting for me, and I couldn’t wait to get it started.